Koodo Community
Question

Cannot change plan because of error trying to pick perk.

I am trying to change my rate plan. I’ve been a Koodo customer for years and haven’t changed my plan in months so I know that is not the issue. When I select the plan I want to change to it tells me to pick the perk I want, but when I select the perk I get the ice cream cone error saying “it looks like you can’t choose a perk right now. Please try again in an hour.” Over and over again, for days. I’ve tried logging out and back in again. I’ve tried from different devices. I’ve tried choosing a different perk than the one I actually want to see if it was just because i’m trying to pick rollover data. No luck with anything I’ve tried. I don’t care so much about the perk – I have been unable to actually choose a perk for the last 6 months even though it was supposed to be included in my previous plan too. But because it won’t let me choose a perk right now it won’t let me change my plan. This appears to be an ongoing Koodo issue, not just for me… has anyone found a way around it?

This topic has been closed for comments

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Liz 

We are here to help! 

I have sent you a PM to further assist, please check it out when you get the chance.

For the perk issue, there is a know issue and this is being worked on.

The support is yet to identify the issue as this seems to appear randomly without having a specifc behavior. 

It is however possible that we make a request and the perk will be added in the backend within 7 business days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience created! 

I’m having the same error. 

Perry

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having the same error. 

Perry

Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

The rep who contacted me was able to change my plan for me… it still won’t let me pick the perk though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PerryA I see you connected with one of our reps. I do want to make sure they follow through with a fix. You have 2 lines what perks were you thinking of picking?

@Liz What Perk were you trying to pick for your account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @PerryA 

We can see that you managed to get help in the meantime.

@Liz A request has been submitted and the free perk should be added to your account in a few business days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience! 

Same thing happened to me I go in contact with a rep but they still were not able to add my free perk "rollback data" I still can't add it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same thing happened to me I go in contact with a rep but they still were not able to add my free perk "rollback data" I still can't add it 

Which plan are you currently on? Do you already add an existing Perk?

I got a rep to change it to the 45$ plan with 20gbs but I'm supposed to also have a free perkwhich would be the rollback data but the rep told me he could not fix it and to just keep trying and if it doesn't work to call back again but I don't get why I have to be charged 15$ over and over againto call  to fix my plan when it is the Koodo self serve that is having issues 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got a rep to change it to the 45$ plan with 20gbs but I'm supposed to also have a free perkwhich would be the rollback data but the rep told me he could not fix it and to just keep trying and if it doesn't work to call back again but I don't get why I have to be charged 15$ over and over againto call  to fix my plan when it is the Koodo self serve that is having issues 

Could you share a snapshot of your plan here (where it showed available perk). I wonder the issue was from plan itself. Many plans at lower rate didn’t have access to rollover data. Hence the rep couldn’t add it. Please hide/delete all personal information before posting pls.

Could you share a snapshot of your plan here (where it showed available perk). I wonder the issue was from plan itself. Many plans at lower rate didn’t have access to rollover data. Hence the rep couldn’t add it. Please hide/delete all personal information before posting pls.

Just keep getting this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep to add the perk

Thanks it's the rollover one that I would like added

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Kujo 

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on resolving this situation. 

In the meantime I sent a request to add the $0 Rollover data perk to your plan. It should be there in a few business days. 

We thank you for your understanding !

i am having the same issue. Have been for months and am growing tired of this. Can a rep please help me change to the better plan

Mine still doesn't work not sure if it's supposed to just appear in next few days but at the moment still same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kujo Rollover data has been added to your account June 28th.  Can you pls confirm that you see it on line?

same here. cannot change the plan as receive error in self serve, have the rep call back to change the plan yet a $15 service charge on my bill for plan update since the rep helped me (since the self serve is having error and i have no choice except to call (!?)) 

yet the same error appears while select the perk in self serve. hesitate to ask the rep for perk selection as may lead to extra service charges….

i expect certain customers have encounter the same issue. any solution can provide? 

same here. cannot change the plan as receive error in self serve, have the rep call back to change the plan yet a $15 service charge on my bill for plan update since the rep helped me (since the self serve is having error and i have no choice except to call (!?)) 

yet the same error appears while select the perk in self serve. hesitate to ask the rep for perk selection as may lead to extra service charges….

i expect certain customers have encounter the same issue. any solution can provide? 

I think you should fight the $15 due to the system error you were receiving. Everything I have read is that you should only be charged if the rep does something for you that you could have done yourself on self serve. Obviously with the errors you could not change the plan yourself.

I had to have Koodo add the perk I wanted as I was getting errors and I did not get charged for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve flaagged a rep about the chaarge. It makes sense to me thaat you shouldn’t have been charged due to the self-serve error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Henry. W 

Sorry for the misunderstanding! We have removed the rate plan change fee since you were unable to change the plan in self serve.

What is the free perk that you are trying to add?

Hi @Henry. W 

Sorry for the misunderstanding! We have removed the rate plan change fee since you were unable to change the plan in self serve.

hi Flo Koodo,

thank you to arrange the rate plan change fee reimbursement.

for the free perk i would like to pick the Data Rollover, could you help me to select for my plan please?

Henry

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Henry. W 

hi Flo Koodo,

for the free perk i would like to pick the Data Rollover, could you help me to select for my plan please?

Henry

We have  just checked and we are unable to add the perk on our end due a known issue that affects the perk feature randomly. A dedicated team is already on it however, we do not have an estimated timeframe for resolution.

In the meantime, we have submitted a request for the backend team to add the perk for you. It may take up to 7 business days for the perk to be added but rest assured it will be added to your line.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience created! 

Hi @Henry. W 

hi Flo Koodo,

Henry

We have  just checked and we are unable to add the perk on our end due a known issue that affects the perk feature randomly. A dedicated team is already on it however, we do not have an estimated timeframe for resolution.

In the meantime, we have submitted a request for the backend team to add the perk for you. It may take up to 7 business days for the perk to be added but rest assured it will be added to your line.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience created! 

Update: Perk is added by the backend team and rate plan change fee is refunded. thank you for everyone help.