Koodo Community
Question

Billing: Charged change of plan 15 twice and 45$ because of a koodo employee

• 13 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I called the koodo services the 26 of march before moving spain. My initial plan was to have my plan on paused and keep my phone, which is the 15$ plan.

The guy over the phone couldn’t do is job and try to change my plan twice, but he was only able to put one for 30$. I thought it was nonsense since I could have it at 15$ by myself, but the site wasn’t working so I had to call.

The guy in the end tried again and failed, so I told him to cancel my phone. He did. I should have been charge the rest of the month probably and that’s it, but I got charged April even tho I don’t use my phone anymore, plus 15$ twice for that guy trying to change my plan.

I have no way to call back since I’m not in canada anymore, but I want a refund.

Can someone help or had a similar experience? Many thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you download the pdf bill and check the page 3 and 4 of it to have more detail. 

From the snapshot, I saw you had some credit on the bill. Was it from the plan or from something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Analange 

We are sorry for this experience!

The $15 monthly cost for the Seasonal Hold is available for BYOD plans, however, in case there is a remaining tab bonus, this would  need to be paid off.

On your last bill, there is also the tab bonus charge, which is charged when you cancel before the end of the agreement, for more info please feel free to download the PDF bill in self serve 

In this article, you will find more about the tab bonus.

We have adjusted the bill for the Rate plan change fees, if you wish to resume your services and place it on Seasonal Hold $15, please let us know.

I don’t want the seasonal anymore I want to cancel everything after the poor service I got over the phone. 

I understand , but they told me on the phone there was no charge… The service is very bad, not your fault but I will not come back with koodo. 

Will verify if the rate is correct and will call back if not because I will not pay that amount twice for tab charges that I didn’t even change.

Thank you,

regards

Could you download the pdf bill and check the page 3 and 4 of it to have more detail. 

From the snapshot, I saw you had some credit on the bill. Was it from the plan or from something else?

Hey Dinh, I think its from something else its not from me, I think they did a lot of mistake on my last bill, will verify thank you for the information!

I just verify and I got charged twice for change of plan when I did not change my plan. 

Can this be fix too please ?? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Analange 

The plan change fees have already been removed yesterday, you should be able to see the updated amount due in self serve.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Hi @Analange 

The plan change fees have already been removed yesterday, you should be able to see the updated amount due in self serve.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Then there is a problem with the amount you guys are asking. The balance shouldn’t be 31$ for a period that I didn’t even use the phone, my services were cancelled on the 26 and its saying on the bill that its for the period of 10 april to 6may which I did not use my phone at all, and I already paid my tab and remaning balance beforehand. I want a refund thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Analange 

A prorated refund has already been applied for the plan and it’s visible on page 3.

The $45.23 charge is for the tab bonus which is charged when canceling before the end of the agreement or when switching to an ineligible plan.

The Tab bonus is different from the Tab Balance (that was already paid off on the previous bill). Please feel free to review the articles I shared in the previous replies for more details.

Thank you for your understanding!