Koodo Community
Solved

Best Way to Switch Multiple Lines to Koodo?

• 11 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Looking to switch from Fido to Koodo and wondering what’s the best way to go about moving 3 lines using the website? From what I can see, you can’t order more than one SIM + line at a time, and since I want all three lines to be under the same account I don’t want to place 3 separate orders since that would presumably result in three separate accounts. I also don’t want to get hit with activation fees if I don’t do it myself.

Should I order one new line, wait for the SIM to arrive, then add two new lines after I’ve got my account setup? If I do this am I going to be paying for the first line while I wait for the other two SIM’s to arrive?

Would it be better for me to request a call-back from CS and ask them to deal with it all at once? Will the activation fee still be waived in this case?

I’d prefer to do it myself but it’s not obvious how to do so.

Thx

icon

Best answer by Allan M 11 July 2022, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Anytime you use a rep you’ll be charged an activation fee, whether in store or over the phone, (unless they have a promo going on to waive it at the time).

To order online, place the first order, once your account is created and activated and you are able to login to your self serve account you should be able to activate the second and third lines.

When you place an order for a new activation online the SIM card gets activated once it leaves the warehouse so no matter how you do it there you’ll be charged for the few days it takes to mail you the SIM card.

@Allan M thanks, I sort of assumed as much. Does the online account get created and activated prior to me receiving the SIM, or is that something I do once I’ve received it? Wanting to minimize the amount of time I spend waiting for things to arrive in the mail and all that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M thanks, I sort of assumed as much. Does the online account get created and activated prior to me receiving the SIM, or is that something I do once I’ve received it? Wanting to minimize the amount of time I spend waiting for things to arrive in the mail and all that.

The registration email is usually sent the same day your line becomes active. If you purchase through koodo.com, it will be sent around the same time your order is ready to be shipped.

So as I have seen in the previous chats I would have to start with one line with self service. When I do that will it give me that amount of lines that I am approved for and how many more lines would it let me add then.