Koodo Community
Solved

Already have SIM card

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to sign up with a Koodo prepaid plan so I went out and bought a SIM card from a kiosk. I then started the on-line plan purchase process but early on (and before completing the process) I found out that I will have to purchase another SIM card (even though I already have this new one). If I had realized this before I certainly wouldn’t have bought a SIM card at the kiosk. So I’m wondering how to proceed because I’d like to sign-up for Koodo prepaid but I’d like to do so with the SIM card that I have already purchased (if that is the correct way to do so).

icon

Best answer by Sophia 14 March 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where did you get a SIM card from?  Did you ask for " Prepaid" SIM card?

And did you go right Prepaid activation site?

https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would like to sign up with a Koodo prepaid plan so I went out and bought a SIM card from a kiosk. I then started the on-line plan purchase process but early on (and before completing the process) I found out that I will have to purchase another SIM card (even though I already have this new one). If I had realized this before I certainly wouldn’t have bought a SIM card at the kiosk. So I’m wondering how to proceed because I’d like to sign-up for Koodo prepaid but I’d like to do so with the SIM card that I have already purchased (if that is the correct way to do so).

Unfortunately, you need a prepaid SIM card. Assuming it has not been activated, have you gone back to the kiosk to exchange it for the correct one? 

Where did you get a SIM card from?  Did you ask for " Prepaid" SIM card?

And did you go right Prepaid activation site?

https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation

Is there a way for me to tell if the SIM car I purchased (from a salesperson at a mall kiosk) is “Prepaid” or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it's prepaid, it will be printed on the SIM card itself. If there is no such mention, is a postpaid SIM I'm afraid.