Koodo Community
Question

Yahoo mail app failing to update

Hello,

I am using S22 ultra. All apps update except Yahoo mail app which keeps failing every time.

I have done hot retarts by pressing and holding power and lower volume buttons many times but issue still persists.

I have uploaded screenshot here. How do I resolve this challenge?  It is NOT space issue because there’s lots of gigs and as I said earlier all other apps are updating without any issue.

Thanks in advance for your help. Appreciated 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

have you tried updating the app through the play Store as well? As it looks as if it’s updating through the galaxy store. 

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for your reply.

The fact is, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times from Play Store but the issue persists.

Sorry for not adding that to my initial post. 

Or is there a particular way to update the app through the play store?  If so, then please let me know. 

Thanks once again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

No problem at all, by the sounds of things that is the correct process to download from the play store. It should just be a simple install and you’re good to go. Have you tried clearing the app cache in your phone settings and trying again? Also, is your S22 ultra up to date with Samsungs latest software? As the new version of Yahoo may be working on the new Samsung UI rather than the old ones. Try these things and get back to me 🙂

Hello Oliver, 

Thanks very much. I have just cleared the cache for the yahoo mail app. 

When I went to Device Care and Software Update, the message came my device is up to date. 

But I know the yahoo app needs to be updated since it wasn't for a long time.

How do I trigger the update for the yahoo mail app? Or do I have to wait for the next time Samsung push Updates for apps?

Thanks very much once again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Oliver, 

Thanks very much. I have just cleared the cache for the yahoo mail app. 

When I went to Device Care and Software Update, the message came my device is up to date. 

But I know the yahoo app needs to be updated since it wasn't for a long time.

How do I trigger the update for the yahoo mail app? Or do I have to wait for the next time Samsung push Updates for apps?

Thanks very much once again.

Can you check the storage space on your phone to see if there is enough to update the app?

Hello MilkWay,

Yes, I have over 42gig space which I think is more than the app needs to update. 

In my initial post also, I indicated that I have enough storage so I don't think lack of storage space is the course. I did that check when I started searching for solution.

Thanks very much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello MilkWay,

Yes, I have over 42gig space which I think is more than the app needs to update. 

In my initial post also, I indicated that I have enough storage so I don't think lack of storage space is the course. I did that check when I started searching for solution.

Thanks very much 

Did you install the latest Android update? Have you tried removing and logging back into your Google Account on your device?