Koodo Community
Question

wifi calling suddenly stopped working

Hi, when I got home today I got an error message saying that my carrier deactivated wifi calling on my account and now I can't turn it back on again. It was working just fine when I left this morning. I have an iPhone SE 2nd gen and it was working just fine. Has it happened to anyone and what do I need to do?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here. I just had to drive into a city to try and fix it because I do not have cell service. Of course Koodo has no reps you can actually contact. And setting up a call would mean I have to travel again to take the call. I’m so over this company. Sorry I don’t have a solution, I can’t get mine back on.

I am having the same problem, both LTE calling and Wi-Fi calling have been dis-abled by Koodo. Waiting for a call back

Wi fi calling stopped working on Both of our phones last evening also, cannot reactivate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi everyone ! Mostly iPhones were affected by this. We were told that the issue is supposed to be resolved. Can you please confirm if you are still having this issue ? 

If so, it is recommended to reboot the device and reset the network settings if it continues. 

Keep us posted if doing that resolved the issue for you. 

Hi.  I’ve been having the same problem for 5 days.  I’ve eliminated the phone (iphone6)  and the wifi through several calls and chats and updates and reboots and resets.  I too live in a non service area and rely on wifi calling and text…...never had a problem til now.  Please advise.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Grambo 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the connection! 

Just to confirm, did you try all steps mentioned in the article here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/im-not-getting-any-network-service to reset the network settings?

Hi.  Yes I did.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi.  Yes I did.  

Are you currently within Canada? Have you been using a stable wi-fi connection? Did you try to restart your router? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

I live in NB Canada.  No problem in the 9 months I’ve been using it.  The system has been rebooted and a Bell tech verified our internet system has no issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I live in NB Canada.  No problem in the 9 months I’ve been using it.  The system has been rebooted and a Bell tech verified our internet system has no issues.

Do you still have the VoLTE add-on included when you check the Self-Serve portal?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes

That is strange. Does it work when you insert your SIM card in another phone?

I don’t have another phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have another phone. 

Can you check if you have updated your phone to the latest iOS software?

See first message…...I did that too as I spoke to Apple Support (on landline).  I called a family member a bit ago to assist.  He just tried his phone on our wifi.  It worked on both wifi calling and text

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

See first message…...I did that too as I spoke to Apple Support (on landline).  I called a family member a bit ago to assist.  He just tried his phone on our wifi.  It worked on both wifi calling and text

In that case, it is likely an issue with your phone. You might have to reset it to factory settings to see if that might help.

Thank you for getting back to me again.   I do appreciate your effort. 

The reset has been done as well.  Update….I was curious.  Awhile ago I tried my phone on another wifi and my phone calling and texting worked there.  Home now and back to where I started.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for getting back to me again.   I do appreciate your effort. 

The reset has been done as well.  Update….I was curious.  Awhile ago I tried my phone on another wifi and my phone calling and texting worked there.  Home now and back to where I started.  

It sounds like an issue with your Internet connection, since you are able to use it somewhere else. You may have to position your router in another part of your house or move to a place with better signal to make your calls.