Skip to main content
Question

Wifi Calling does not work since switching from Telus

• 7 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Since switching to Koodo from Telus my wifi calling has not been working. It shows that it is enabled yet no text messages or phone calls go / come through to my phone which is a huge problem since I have no cell service at my house which is also my office. I have contacted koodo support who assured me everything was enabled on the backend, yet still no wificalling. I then escalated this to management who called me nearly two weeks ago saying they’d call back again, with no call back actually made.

The fact I’m being called when I cant receive phone calls, not receiving a call back or any sort of information on how to contact support when I have cell reception and also being called by a 1 (866) number with no caller ID when its from the phone company you have a plan with are all problematic and make very little sense to me. 

If I could please get some support here that would be great as if I knew I was going to be having all these issues I would have stayed with Telus. 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you put the phone on airplane mode and have wifi on, does wifi calling work?

Have you also tried turning wifi calling off, and then back on?

When you put the phone on airplane mode and have wifi on, does wifi calling work?

Have you also tried turning wifi calling off, and then back on?

I have done both of those and neither have worked unfortunately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which device are you using? Have you reset network settings since the carrier switch?

Which device are you using? Have you reset network settings since the carrier switch?

Iphone 15 pro Max. Network settings are currently showing

Network: Koodo Wifi 
Carrier: Koodo 58.0

While I sit here connected to the wifi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the Network in the Settings showed up as “Koodo Wi-Fi”, your phone was connected to Wifi calling already.

If the Network in the Settings showed up as “Koodo Wi-Fi”, your phone was connected to Wifi calling already.

I am aware that it is “SUPPOSED” to be connected. However if you read my post, the wifi calling does not work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DBZCAP 

We have re-added the VoLTE feature to your account, can you please test again and let us know if it makes any difference?

Hi @DBZCAP 

We have re-added the VoLTE feature to your account, can you please test again and let us know if it makes any difference?

I just reset my phone and turned on / off wifi calling and it looks like the first text has gone through. I will update if there are any continued issues! Thank you!

It appears that it is still not working, and whatever was done on the backend just switched me onto AT&T instead of Koodo, causing me to roam and incur the roaming package charges even though all the settings on my phone for roaming are turned off and I should only be connecting to Koodo…