Koodo Community
Question

Why are my text messages suddenly going thru WhatsApp?

• 3 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Usually my text messages out to contacts go on what looks like a messenger tab.  Suddenly 2 different messages I sent are showing as Whatsapp messages which apparently isn’t as secure.   Now I’ve just sent another text and it went thru messenger again.  What’s up???  (see what I did there?).

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi there,

is your default texting set to what’s app or messenger? this would cause it to send through there instead of your usual texting app. Have a check in your settings and see if that is the problem, if not let us know 😊 

I can’t find anything in settings that is relevant.  There’s nothing listing What’s app.   Also I subsequently made another text without changing anything and it went thru correctly to “RCS Chat”  / messenger without using What’s app.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I can’t find anything in settings that is relevant.  There’s nothing listing What’s app.   Also I subsequently made another text without changing anything and it went thru correctly to “RCS Chat”  / messenger without using What’s app.  

So this is the setting I was talking about. If it is no longer set to what’s app then you’re good, in this you can change your default to several messaging apps. Instructions to get there are in the picture. Unless specified, your messages should send through there from now on, unless of course you open what’s app and send it through there

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The description of the message which were sent as “Whatapps” messages was really strange. Recently Google Message updated their app, and  RCS Message notification has been quite similar to Whatapps notification. I think that might be the confusion.

If possible, can you posted a snapshot of the messages of question here? Hide all personal detail and content of the message before posting please.