Koodo Community
Solved

Using WiFi in Mexico

• 21 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I will be in Mexico for 3-4 months and will likely be getting a MX SIM card. If I don’t, I’ll be communicating with ppl in US and Canada strictly via WhatsApp with my Koodo SIM card, which uses WiFi. Would I still incur charges from Koodo using the phone this way if I turn off data?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 21 April 2024, 18:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

3,4 month travel seems to be a long period. Are you a postpaid or prepaid customer? Make sure you turn off both cellular data and roaming data if you didn’t want any accidental charge.

This article might help to provide some extra information https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/understanding-how-youll-be-charged-while-travelling

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Devon Huning For extra measure of safety, I would actuall suggests to remove your Koodo SIM card while you are not in need. This ill guarantee no accidental roaming usage.  Settings in phone do reset if they are turned off or run out of juice. 

When I go to Mexico for two months, I buy a Mexican sim card (about $14 CAD) from a Telecel store, then add more data at months end. The data is very cheap too.