Skip to main content

I’m receiving TAD msgs from an aggressive person who is NOT calling me but using a way of sending direct voice messages to my voicemail.

Is there a way to block further msgs? 
I have their phone number blocked after the first time they phoned me but these new messages are just showing up in my voicemail. 

I am NOT able to change my phone number. 

thanks in advance

You can try to use Koodo Call control to block the call from reaching your voicemail https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control?

If the person persists in harassing you, report it to the local police and ask them to look into it.

thanks for the reply and ideas Dinh. I had looked at this option, does Koodo Call control work on the TAD in ringless mode? 

I think they might be on the same carrier with the option to send a message directly. 
I’ve also found there is other ways to leave ringless calls straight to voicemail Slydial Ringless Voicemail
I have blocked the number, recorded the calls, and reported the details in 6/24 and 10/24.

thanks for the reply and ideas Dinh. I had looked at this option, does Koodo Call control work on the TAD in ringless mode? 

I think they might be on the same carrier with the option to send a message directly. 
I’ve also found there is other ways to leave ringless calls straight to voicemail Slydial Ringless Voicemail
I have blocked the number, recorded the calls, and reported the details in 6/24 and 10/24.

I am little confused, what is “TAD”? Call control should work for all type of incoming calls.

Voice mail 
I was using TAD - telephone Answering Device AKA message centre

If there is another way of blocking from the voice mail rather than Using the Call control as that option will be messy for all good callers to keep out one who is aggressive months in between calls. 

Blocking a number on your phone automatically directs any incoming calls from that number to voicemail without ringing. It doesn't sound like there is anything more complicated going on.

Call control is really only designed to block robocalls. If it's a live person calling it likely won't prevent them from getting through.

To prevent blocked numbers from leaving voicemail you'll need to use an app that picks up the call and immediately disconnects it. An app called “should I answer” seems to be a popular choice, but I've never used it so I can't speak from personal experience.

thanks Timo for responding. You’ve given me info to look into this further. 
Happy Thanksgiving 

Call control has evolved beyond an anti-robocall tool.

It has the option to block the number, so the number is blocked and can’t even able to choose a number. It also had a “authorized list” to bypass the number check. As well, “Call Control will remember your most recent incoming calls, so these callers will not be prompted to enter a number, unless it’s been a long period since they called”. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control?