Koodo Community
Solved

Tab paid in full a year ago, now saying I owe $96

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I paid off my tab in July of 2023. I have not been charged for it on my bill since. I went to trade-in my current phone and my tab balance was sitting at $0, but they said I owed -$96 towards my tab. To do the trade-in I had to pay the -$96, even though he showed me the balance was $0. The rep did not understand what was happening either. I went to view my tab history and almost everything between 2022 and 2023 is missing in the history. I do have the pdf bill from July 2023 showing the tab being paid off. Not sure what's going on, but would love to get my $96 back. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 13 February 2024, 15:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You said you paid off your tab last year. Is it means you paid chunk of the balance before 24 months is up?

It could be your tab bonus remaining.

You should be able to see tab bonus balance too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you get the phone? Was it within 24 month period?  If so the $96 amount was probably "Tab bonus". You could find more here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

Paying off the tab balance wouldn't be enough to remove you from all the obligation with Koodo. If you upgrade your device/cancel your plan before the 24 month period, you would still have to pay off the tab bonus amount 

Thank you, this was very helpful. Didn't even know what the tab bonus was!  This is definitely what it was. Still weird all my tab history is missing for those years, but your comments definitely explained the reason for the charge.