Koodo Community

Stream+ Unmanageable

• 6 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Last night I discovered that Netflix basic does not allow me to cast content to my projector. I logged in to Koodo to upgrade my package from Stream+ Basic to Premium.

Self serve menu does not allow me to do this. There is not an upgrade option anywhere. The menu takes me in useless circles. If I try to select the premium package it tells me I already have it. If I try to manage my subscription the only option it gives me is to cancel. If I cancel the only option moving forward is to renew my basic subscription, it will not allow me to select the premium package. I tried on both mobile and desktop browser.

The Koodo support chat is totally useless and just kept trying to send me back to ‘manage my subscription’. I had to wait until next day to receive a call back from customer support. He was not able to help me and I spent an hour on hold only to find that he had connected me to an unrelated department. 

I have yet to arrive at a solution and I am very frustrated. I am expecting a really excellent discount on the premium package or I will be canceling the subscription entirely.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Last night I discovered that Netflix basic does not allow me to cast content to my projector. I logged in to Koodo to upgrade my package from Stream+ Basic to Premium.

Self serve menu does not allow me to do this. There is not an upgrade option anywhere. The menu takes me in useless circles. If I try to select the premium package it tells me I already have it. If I try to manage my subscription the only option it gives me is to cancel. If I cancel the only option moving forward is to renew my basic subscription, it will not allow me to select the premium package. I tried on both mobile and desktop browser.

The Koodo support chat is totally useless and just kept trying to send me back to ‘manage my subscription’. I had to wait until next day to receive a call back from customer support. He was not able to help me and I spent an hour on hold only to find that he had connected me to an unrelated department. 

I have yet to arrive at a solution and I am very frustrated. I am expecting a really excellent discount on the premium package or I will be canceling the subscription entirely.

Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SJOHNS 

We are sorry to hear about the experience over the phone.

At the moment, downgrading or upgrading Stream+ subscription is not possible.

The only option is to cancel, wait for the end of the billing cycle, then subscribe to Stream+ Premium: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/stream-plus

Hi @SJOHNS 

We are sorry to hear about the experience over the phone.

At the moment, downgrading or upgrading Stream+ subscription is not possible.

The only option is to cancel, wait for the end of the billing cycle, then subscribe to Stream+ Premium: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/stream-plus

This would be great information for the Koodo chat bot to present in such an instance. It would also be great information for the customer service phone reps to know and be able to tell me. 
This is also a ridiculous policy. I understand that are a number of third parties but these limitations are not user friendly and the information was not easily accessible. 
Not happy with my Stream+ experience.  Will not be renewing.