Koodo Community
Solved

RFB phone help

• 15 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I purchased a RFB iPhone and just finished setting it up. 
there’s this thing that keeps popping up in my settings saying “Important display message” and when I click on it, it says “unknown part”

I’ve attached a picture of it 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 15 June 2023, 04:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is “normal” to happen as they sometimes use third party parts.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/certified-pre-owned-phones

Will that notification go away eventually on my settings screen? If the screen were to have issues later on, will there be an issue with Apple replacing the screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will that notification go away eventually on my settings screen? If the screen were to have issues later on, will there be an issue with Apple replacing the screen?

No it will not go away. 

During the 1 year warranty if there is an issue with the screen you can bring it to a Telus location for warranty repair.

After the warranty you can bring to Apple or a Mobile Klinic repair shop for replacement 

It’s so sketchy to do this without being up front about it. I have the same issue and as I was setting up this iPhone with a seasoned iPhone user with the same phone, the display on my phone is far far different.  So, it’s not the same as a genuine display and I despise Apple for that but I’m not selling them to people either!