Skip to main content

Hi just looking for some information as I can't call Koodo at the moment due to me being at work in a different province until next week. 

But the issue is my phone screen split in half at the fold randomly seemingly just by using the phone and opening and closing it. Looked online for Motorola warranty repairs they do no fix screens. And apparently there is no option to fix the screens using the device care I purchased with understanding I could get screens fixed. So only option I can see is to buy the replacement for 400 on a month and a half old phone…

Anyone else have to do this?

Hi there,

So koodos repair centers (mobile cliniq etc) aren't equipped to simply repair the screen given their complexity. Because of that, through device care complete they only offer to replace the device for a reduced cost ($400). This is also the case with the samsung foldable devices.

Now if it is due to manufacturer defect like you say then Motorola will do the repair for free through device care complete, but if they deem it not manufacturer defect then you're left with replacing the device for $400. To see if you're eligible for the manufacturer replacement you would have to either contact someone at Motorola or use device care complete, send the phone away, and await for the evaluation to come to you via email for the repair teams decision as they can send it to Motorola on your behalf if it qualifies for manufacturer defect. I hope this helps 🙂👍