Skip to main content
Solved

Rate plan change not available for existing customers

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Greetings,

Why can’t existing customers change their plan to the one listed on the main site?  Its not promotional or limited.  Having the offer for just new customers seems wrong.

Example (both plans were bring your own phone)

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it is not a promo plan you should be able to change to it.

Do you currently have a tab balance?

Did you want to change to the $30/20gb or $44/40gb?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your rateplan is $45,  you could technically change your plan within the price frame only ($44 or higher). You could try to schedule a call back and ask a rep but if your option to change your plan in self-serve is limited.

Thanks for the responses.  The $39/20G was catching my eye when I was browsing the site not logged in.  I don’t use the data I have (0.1%), so the same plan but cheaper seems the way to go.  No tab or balance on the account.

I didn’t know there was a “price frame” we are working in.  But its a bit refreshing to hear that rep might be able to go out of bounds of that wrong idea (my opinion).

-J

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It really depends on the rep, if they are having a good hair day or not, and the position of Jupiter. But it IS possible.

That said, the $45 plan that is listed looks really good - you’d get almost four times the amount of data for the same amount. You could use that as a negotiating point and if everything else fails, it might be an idea to switch to it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the responses.  The $39/20G was catching my eye when I was browsing the site not logged in.  I don’t use the data I have (0.1%), so the same plan but cheaper seems the way to go.  No tab or balance on the account.

I didn’t know there was a “price frame” we are working in.  But its a bit refreshing to hear that rep might be able to go out of bounds of that wrong idea (my opinion).

-J

I suggest you request a callback via koodo assist and see if a rep will be able to find a plan that works for you

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout