Koodo Community
Question

Porting my personal number to my employer

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I am using my personal koodo number.  Now I need to authorize my employer to take over this mobile number. How can I do this? 

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Xiaoxia Shen 

Just to confirm, are you looking to port your number out? Or transfer the Koodo account to a different owner? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo does not have business accounts.  An individual can take over the account but a business name cannot

Hi @Flo Koodo , 

I need to transfer the Koodo account to my employer, then my employer will port the number out to another provider. 

I want to firstly know how authorize permission to my employer to take over my number. Thank you,

Xiaoxia

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You cant.  An individual needs to take over the account via transfer of ownership.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town?CMP=KNCKDO0428Google_Koodo-ROI_Google_&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Koodo-ROI&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw6yuBhDrARIsACf94RUsCop_67hScXfmaQ-809mC5N2qJEGpk8TKdhkU2vLVxAOQwQ2qPnYaAsD9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Maybe an employee there can take it over on behalf of the business but a Transfer of ownership has a cost.

Or you can skip this part and port out to the another provider (this would be a lot easier and highly recommended)