Koodo Community
Question

Pictures not received in text messages

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a BB Key2. At the end of February someone sent large pictures by test. Since this I have not been able to receive of send pictures by text. I have cleared the cache. Articles I have read online states that the provider had to help by clearing the issue so pictures could be received. Anyone else have an issue of pictures  not downloading? I have to delete the picture but the system keeps trying to load pictures that I again delete. I am in a circle. I need to send and receive pictures in text.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is possible that was a coincidenece. Was this around 7 Feb? If so, there is the following:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/picturemessagingchanges

The key2 may be among those devices. You can try updating your APN per the link to see if it fixes the issue.

My last picture was February 25th. Then on February 28th someone sent me many large pictures that seems to have crashed my text message receiving pictures. I was told the provider can reset or check on the backlog of pictures received. There is no point in getting a new phone if it is a system issue. I did try the APN, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you try your sim in another working device?  This may clear the pipeline of these problem texts

I can try my sim in another working device to see if it works. I will let you know.  Thanks