Skip to main content
Question

Number transfer taking forever

• 2 July 2024
  • 7 replies

I am not happy with Koodo’s service and am transferring to Bell. I got an eSIM and have requested a number transfer. Bell gave me a temporary number and I received a transfer request text message from Koodo yesterday at around 1pm. It has now been a day and nothing has changed. I still have 2 service providers under my cell service on my phone and the number hasn’t transferred. How long does this usually take? 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually it takes only a few hours but sometimes longer. Just a quick check, after you received the port text from Koodo, did you reply “YES” using the Koodo sim? 

Yep. I sent yes right away

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm ok then there is probably an issue with the port. In that case, if a mobile master sees the post they can flag a rep who can look into this for you and will reply here. Alternatively if you don’t want to wait, you can schedule a call back through the link and a rep will look into why the number wasn’t ported or force the number to be open to port 🙂👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help

Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @grace15 

We have checked on our end and the transfer is in progress. 

Normally, after responding to the 2FA message, it should take 2-3 hours to complete.

We recommend scheduling a call back so a rep from the Porting Center can look into it further.

Thanks so much. I’ve scheduled a call back for later today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are transferring to Bell, you may want to contact Bell’s porting team to see if there is an issue on their end