Skip to main content

the past two weeks there has been no cell service in the Lynn Valley area. It has affected my work place and every customer I talk to is experiencing the same thing. What are we paying for

Oh that is North Vancouver.

When you get closer to the city, does service resume?

Finally someone else has said it! Ive been looking online trying to figure it out. Its only Lynn Valley for me. Other places in north van are fine and it was fine 2ish weeks ago. Super frustrating. 

I dont see this on Telus’ outage page.  I suggest you report the outage in the link below

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

Oh that is North Vancouver.

When you get closer to the city, does service resume?

As soon as I’m outside of Lynn Valley service resumes.

Finally someone else has said it! Ive been looking online trying to figure it out. Its only Lynn Valley for me. Other places in north van are fine and it was fine 2ish weeks ago. Super frustrating. 

very.  got better over the weekend but then  cut out again 

Yes! Happening to me too. Contacted Customer Service who suggested that I get a new SIM which I did but that didn’t help when I come back to Lynn Valley.

I'm with Virgin and am having the same issue. Virtually no service in Lynn Valley for almost two weeks. There's a Reddit thread on r/NorthVancouver detailing similar complaints. 

the past two weeks there has been no cell service in the Lynn Valley area. It has affected my work place and every customer I talk to is experiencing the same thing. What are we paying for

Yep, same problem here. The problem started May 21st, i reported it. On the 22nd i got an attempted call(they left a msg because of course i didn't have service). It was confirmed that something happened and crews were on site fixing the issue. On the 23rd i called to see if they had an update, they confirmed that they were fixing the initial problem and that they had decided to upgrade the system while they were there, so that would leave us without service between 7am and 6pm until May 30th. I called later that day and spoke with customer service,then to loyalty department.  I was told that they weren't offering any sort of compensation and basically to just deal with it. After pushing some more, they offered a measly 10$ off for the next 3 months.  I told them it was a kick in the teeth and that a company who declared 181.7 million in revenue for 2023 should be able to do something better. I asked to have it escalated.  They tried to call me during the outage and obviously couldn't get through. Haven't heard anything since then. They offered only 10$ off to my wife. We are now June 3rd and the problem is still the same. Nothing for Lynn Valley, they are basically washing their hands and not offering anything to their customer. It's really a bad look for koodo, i will definitely be changing provider. They are putting my business in jeopardy ( I had to go and get a pay as you go contract with their competitors so i can have an open phone line ). They are putting my wife's safety in jeopardy (wife has been sick for 3 years and she has multiple people such as nurses,doctors and medications coming to the house on the daily) They are leaving us with no lifeline and not doing anything about it. Looks like both our phone and the internet will be canceled shortly and we will switch to another provider. Koodo is a joke at best. 10 yrs customer here

Sorry to hear. Just be aware that other carriers, should something similar happen, may give similar credit amounts. Compensation often has been given from other prpvders I’ve been with as a pro-rated time amount of the outage, if you could get them given. It’s certainly frustrating in  a situation where it’s much more important.

Unfortunately,  redundant options might be a requirement in a situation where you must have 100% uptime year round. Different providers/mediums of communication.