Koodo Community
Question

Need to reset Kodoo Internet modem every 3 days

• 18 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I recently switched from Rogers to Koodoo internet. It seems like every 3 days without fail, around 3 am, the modem looses connection and I have to restart it when I wake up in morning. The Router is ok, but only the modem needs to be restarted. I am not sure what to do. The router logs show that the it cant update time and various connects/disconnects. Anyone have an idea?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try flashing it. Beyond that, I’d open a technical support ticket for a replacement. 

I also experience this, but every morning I need restart the modem. This so funny.

I am having similar issue where every other morning I have to restart router to get connection back. It is so frustrating. 

You could try flashing it. Beyond that, I’d open a technical support ticket for a replacement. 

And how to do that without fighting horrible AI and hours waiting for understaffed customer service, who does not necessarily even understand the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

just go to koodo assist and mention it is for koodo internet and then spam callback and you can schedule a callback day and time.  At least with a scheduled callback time you are not spending the typical hours waiting on hold.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Then you need to be able to manage the rep and word things appropriately so that a technical support ticket is opened.  You will need to be insistent but polite.  Do not end the call without the support ticket (get the ticket number or reference number) and follow up info/timeframe

Here’s the thing. I have called Koodo’s Internet support over the broken self-serve issue (that is not able to download receipts) and it was the second worst customer support experience of my life (the worst was a customer service rep for a different company who I later learned liked to deliberately push customers buttons if he thought the customer was calling about something that was not that company’s problem). The rep’s response was initially (paraphrasing): “There is no problem, go away. Oh, it’s a known problem we’re working on it, go away”. It was extremely frustrating and I am normally quite calm, but still forceful when need be, but I was feeling quite irate by the end of that call. Not to the extent some people get, but it was not a productive use of my time, and really put me off calling again.

In addition this whole “Koodo Internet” rollout was very dodgy. I initially thought it was a cell-based offering and was excited to be getting rid of Rogers (the only viable high speed internet in my neighbourhood at the moment; fortunately FTTH is _supposed_ to be here this summer/fall at which point I’m all over that) and it wasn’t until I was on the actual call (I wanted to be sure of the data caps) that I figured out that it was cable (though I was never directly told that was cable not cell service). In short the whole internet with Koodo has left a bad taste in my mouth.