Skip to main content

Data network is working, but I can not use phone call or message. I tried to restart my cell phone, but that’s not work. My another sim card (No Koodo one) is working well on calling and texting.

What plan do you have?

Im having the same issue as OP. Last night and today data is available but I periodically get “no network” and “emergency calls only” messages. 

Ditto in Quispamsis New Brunswick.

I’m unable to schedule a call back (as is your ONLY support offered) because…. I CANNOT RECEIVE PHONE CALLS!

I’ve made no changes to home network or phone.  It just stopped working… and your self-service just keeps leaving me voicemails… which I don’t get, unless I toggle on/off data/wifi or leave the house intermittently.

THIS IS ABHORRENT SERVICE.  This phone is my only means of communication and you’ve already cost me one interview.  

I want to speak to a human, and spoiler alert… I’ll have to call you!

Also affected, new brunswick, wife is on the same plan and same house but is working without issue. Issue is intermittent and started at least last night. Both android but she is S21 and I am only S7. Tried restarting and removing/reinserting SIM with no luck

I’m also having the same issue- in South East Ontario. 

Hi there,

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue, I suggest you check your areas for outages or report your outage through the link so that Koodo become aware of the issue and can act on it. Seems like some provinces have already reported the outage.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

I was finally able to speak to a call back. I've been toggling my network connections on and off including cellular data and wi-fi. He was able to get a call through in between toggles. Still no joy

Now having intermittent loss of the data Network as well

Hello. Thank you all for letting us know. 

We forwarded the details to our dedicated team in order to investigate what’s happening. 

We will  update you as soon as we receive a response.  

It is recommended to reset the network settings and test. 

Hi there,

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue, I suggest you check your areas for outages or report your outage through the link so that Koodo become aware of the issue and can act on it. Seems like some provinces have already reported the outage.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

I don't expect this is an outtage, I mean you would know more than me but I have another Kodoo phone in the same house that is working without issue. In any case, my phone is working again now so until next time, same kodoo time, same kudoo channel!

No.

Resetting my connections will wipe all my wifi and blue tooth saved connections.  This is as useful as a reboot

@Darius Koodo I was finally able to speak to one of your colleagues, named Joel. He successfully reproduced the issue that I have articulated above. He also replicated five attempted call failures to get through to me. 

He initiated a network reset on his end which dropped our call but did not resolve the issue. 

Again I want to articulate that I made no changes to my network or phone that would have precipitated this issue. As you can see in the chat above others are experiencing the same without having initiated any changes. This is a network issue

Data network is working, but I can not use phone call or message. I tried to restart my cell phone, but that’s not work. My another sim card (No Koodo one) is working well on calling and texting.

Updated: I totally confirmed that there are some issues on my coverage area. When I leave my town, calling and message are working properly.

A lot of people have same issue. I believe that Koodo mobile network has problem on some areas.

@Acetyperf where are you located?  I have spoken to somebody on the phone and chatting with somebody over messenger who both assure me they are unaware of any network issues.  They just keep suggesting I toggle things on my device or reboot it without any justification

@Acetyperf where are you located?  I have spoken to somebody on the phone and chatting with somebody over messenger who both assure me they are unaware of any network issues.  They just keep suggesting I toggle things on my device or reboot it without any justification

Sainte Anne de Bellevue, Quebec. When i leave this town, message and calling is available.

@admin @Darius Koodo 

The issue remains unresolved. I am still not receiving incoming phone calls after 25 resets and reboots. Apparently you've reset my connection on the network side as well as reset my sim. 

I have now missed a phone call from my child care provider as well as a job interview. 

This is completely unacceptable and I'll be escalating this

@admin @Darius Koodo 
So far I have 

-rebooted 25x
-reset the APN
-removed/refreshed the SIM
-had someone in tech support reset my network connection
-had someone in tech support reset my SIM profile

-Locked my phone in 2g/3G only mode and finally received a phone call.

This would suggest, as I’ve been saying from the getgo, there is a network issue.  In this case 4G/LTE (and no my phone doesn’t have VOLTe)

@Duskjome have you tried downshifting your network?

i have the same issue since yesterday…. i can’t call or receive any calls!!! i’m from val-d’or, quebec
i tried everything….

edit : thank you @dllevine1978 i put my phone in 2g/3g and can now receive some phone calls

Just an idea and likely wont work, but in your network settings try to change from automatic to manual and then manually select Koodo.  See if this gets things working

RE: Moto Cell Phones

FYI, l would like to pass this info to all Koodo customers that use a Motorola cell phone. 

I found out after speaking to a call center agent last week that moto phones are having ongoing data connection issues.

I wish l was told this important info awhile ago, pay for data and can't use it, especially in an emergencies. ie: car accident.I  thought it was my phone but it's a Moto problem. The agent did text me the steps to do a "network reset" but didn't work for me. So I'm taking the plunge and bought an iPhone instead, it's a big change since I've always been an android user. No data connection issues  with iphones as the agent said.  I'm in the Ottawa area...my family is on Telus with no issues and l upgraded to 5G.

Did they say how it was a moto problem? Was it an update that caused the problem? 

@ Dennis

Unfortunately they did not. But I've had two different moto phones and both had data connection issues, I'd reboot my phone multiple times a day with no success. I did the reset with no luck, can't be bothered calling in for tech support. The sim card was replaced when l got the phone less than 2 yrs ago so it is not the card. 

Check out the moto website on fixing the issue.

https://en-ca.support.motorola.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/152151/~/reset-network-settings

Good luck