Koodo Community
Question

Missing text messages

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 replies

• Advisor
  • 11 replies

I’ve been on the Koodo network for a long time but recently I’ve been getting sporadic complaints from people that I’m not responding to texts.  The strange thing is that I’m still getting texts, but it looks like not all of them are getting through.

I  have noticed that when I sign on to banking websites that require a SMS text verification, not all of the texts would come through and sometimes I need to have the bank resend the code.  Is this normal?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So the same sender would need to send twice before it gets through?

Does the 2nd try always work?

So the same sender would need to send twice before it gets through?

Does the 2nd try always work?

With banks always yes, not so sure about texts from friends but I have received subsequent texts from them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How about calls?  Can you test if you are receiving similar issues?

Is cellular data working well?

How about calls?  Can you test if you are receiving similar issues?

Is cellular data working well?

Everything else is fine.  It’s just texts that’s been wonky.  I think I have always had issues with not receiving texts but didn’t use it too much in the past until recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is hard to diagnose if everything is working well.   The fact then when you request it a 2nd time you receive it is werid.

You will need to test various scenarios to narrow the issue down to something.

Like is it consistently from a specific person or provider, can you test your sim in a phone that works perfectly, and then test your phone with a sim that works perfectly to see if your issues stop or follows a the sim or phone, etc