Koodo Community
Solved

koodo - remote wifi calling Tampnet

• 13 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I work at sea in Canadian waters and there is an lte tower here provided by tampnet to service the boats in the area. We are in Canada. All rogers/bell/Virginia samsung phones will connect and provide wifi calling. My iPhone will connect and provide wifi calling but my Samsung s23, and other androids, on the koodo/telus network will not connect.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by FBP 13 April 2024, 18:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am little confused, you are having signal from a LTE tower but you want to use wifi calling?. 

Anyway, when you tried to activate wifi calling on the s23, was there any activation process? And any error message?

The operator out here has set up an LTE tower for people to connect off of. It's a bell/rogers fiber op cable hooked up to a tampnet lte tower. It allows vessels to connect to the same tower for internet. Through internet you can use wifi calling. All bell and rogers phones will connect. Telus and koodo samsungs will not connect. Telus and koodo iphones will. 

Yes, my wifi calling is turned on and there are zero error messages. 

That was supposed to say - telus and koodo iphones work but not the samsungs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was supposed to say - telus and koodo iphones work but not the samsungs 

Have you tried to enable airplane mode with WiFI on to see if that can help?

The difference (that I knew) between iPhone and Android devices is Koodo WiFi calling for Android device required the phone to contact Koodo network after few days to reactivate. It might be the reason why your WiFi connection didn’t work well on Android device when there is no Koodo/Telus tower nearby.