Skip to main content
Question

Koodo Plans not much choice to downsize..

I made a change of plan as I was visiting the US thinking I can change it back to my original once I am done but now that I want to downgrade it from the $65 Canada-US plan, the only options I see is $55 and $60. This is really not right as we should be able to choose the plan we want rather than restricting it.

I have checked other providers and they have Can-USA plans for data, talk and text and it looks

like there are more choices with others for the same with lower prices.

I may end up moving to another provider because I would save $25/month.

I am wondering if there will be any cancellation charges if I decide to cancel my service with Koodo? Any ideas? If I cancel/close my service before my billing period end, would I get a refund of an amount unused for the period?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There should not be any issues with porting out. You will have the consider the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balance and potential roaming charges, but there are no other cancellation fees.

The refund will be issued to the payment method on file. For any other payment method, including Visa Debit, a cheque will be mailed to you. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/your-koodo-bill-after-you-cancel

Also, I am wondering that when I joined koodo, I remember some billing issue where I was billed 2 times, once in advance and once for upto a billing cycle date (end of month), will this extra month of billing be refunded to me ? So my billing cycle being 30th of each month, there are 7 days left and I was billed in advance  from Jul-2 to Aug-1, so if I cancel tomorrow, will I be billed until Jul-24 and then refunded for the 6 days + the extra month of billing when I started ? Also, how long would it take for Koodo to disconnect my services if I were to join a different provider ?

I usually also pay by credit card on a month to month basis … so if there is any credit, will that be sent to me via cheque ? and how long does that take ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So my billing cycle being 30th of each month, there are 7 days left and I was billed in advance  from Jul-2 to Aug-1, so if I cancel tomorrow, will I be billed until Jul-24 and then refunded for the 6 days + the extra month of billing when I started ? Also, how long would it take for Koodo to disconnect my services if I were to join a different provider ?

You will be billed for a prorated amount until the date of cancellation. The refund amount should be for the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.

The port transfer is relatively quick, but it may take up to 4 hours to complete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have a preauthorized credit card the refund will go toward your card, otherwise it is a cheque.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

Is there a specific lower priced plan you are looking to get?  When you are logged out of self serve, do you see the plan?

Yes, I see the plan available just not to current customers who want to downsize which is a real pity that there is a restriction to select a plan of one’s choice even when you are a current customer… which leads to do you really want a customer to move away to a different provider because the provider is not accommodating?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I see the plan available just not to current customers who want to downsize which is a real pity that there is a restriction to select a plan of one’s choice even when you are a current customer… which leads to do you really want a customer to move away to a different provider because the provider is not accommodating?

Have you tried scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist and speak with a rep about the different plan options? https://Koo.do/Chat 

Yes scheduled a callback as well… but rep said that I could only choose the plan the system was suggesting… once again relying on the automated system and no help to customer … so I feel a little frustrated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Next time may I suggest you insist on getting the plan or at least investigate as to why you’re not eligible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which plan did you want?