Skip to main content

koodo offers

• 2 July 2024
  • 8 replies

We have been koodo customers over 7 years now, yes we have old phones!

Koodo has never offered us decent discounts, we're ready to upgrade but not at the cost Koodo wants to charge us.  Seems like they have zero loyalty to us as long time customers. 

I saw someone post a really good deal towards a new s24, an offer we would of bought even though we would of been on contract for 2 years.

Honestly at this point we are better off buying 2 phones from Samsung and then jumping to another carrier! 

Zero text offers from koodo in over 7 years! And yes we are signed up for them.

When we switch, we won't be back!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you looking for phone offers or plan offers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My suggestion, if it is not time sensitive, is to see what's available for Black Friday this year in November. It typically  has the best plan and phone deals. Even if you decided that you're leaving Koodo no matter what, it will still be the best plan and phone deals for all carriers in general.

I'm surprised that you never got a single offer, even after confirming you are signed up. I rarely get them, but still get them.  It's an algorithm that sends out offers based on what you have, and what your usage pattern is.

Userlevel 2

I actually like our plan atm, even though it's way more data than we would ever use, it's only $30/month.

We do really need new phones, we bought our current phones in December 2016, samsung s5 neo!!

Even though my husband still wants his phone, I keep telling him we need to upgrade.

I guess it's the extra $3 fee koodo put on our monthly bill that has pushed me to look around.

I tried last good Friday but the offers weren't great. 

Also, my husband is a senior and I was hoping he could get a better offer for himself. I'm not close to senior lol Once we have new phones our options will open up. I figure there is no point switching atm because the other carriers will probably end up charging the $3 fee.

I saw someone else had an offer, switch from koodo to telus, get an s24 $0 down, $0 month, $45 plan, 2 year contract and buy back was $120. I would jump on this offer for both of us. 

Thanks for the replies! Have a great day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So cellphones are not free.  They are like thousand dollar mini computers.

The S24 even if it is on promo for $0 down, has a monthly tab fee of $20.83/month over 24 months.  Plus the $45 plan to get the phone on a Tab Plus is an extra $15/month.

Over 2 years that is $859.92+tax more than what you are paying now.

You can get a Pixel 8a direct from google for less than that (as long as you can afford the up front cost).

https://store.google.com/ca/category/phones?hl=en-GB&utm_source=sem_bkws&utm_medium=dr&utm_campaign=GS107234&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwyo60BhBiEiwAHmVLJcgrc_sJp4owcQgkoZQ3nQMWQcNCOD4CVFYJ06Fc1ABEV9HeYeqBdRoCzzwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&pli=1

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MeandYou 

We have checked and there is an offer loaded on your account at the moment, where you can get a specific device on tab basic and keep the same cost for the plan. You should be able to see the offer when you log in self serve.

There is also a different one, available in select stores where you get a promo plan if you upgrade on a CPO device.

We can send you a PM with more details, please let us know.

Userlevel 2

So cellphones are not free.  They are like thousand dollar mini computers.

The S24 even if it is on promo for $0 down, has a monthly tab fee of $20.83/month over 24 months.  Plus the $45 plan to get the phone on a Tab Plus is an extra $15/month.

Over 2 years that is $859.92+tax more than what you are paying now.

You can get a Pixel 8a direct from google for less than that (as long as you can afford the up front cost).

https://store.google.com/ca/category/phones?hl=en-GB&utm_source=sem_bkws&utm_medium=dr&utm_campaign=GS107234&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwyo60BhBiEiwAHmVLJcgrc_sJp4owcQgkoZQ3nQMWQcNCOD4CVFYJ06Fc1ABEV9HeYeqBdRoCzzwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&pli=1

I definitely understand that phones are not cheap, especially the Samsung S series.

We were never offered the $45 plan, I usually check my offers. I check multiple carriers including our local cable company, more often than not the plan is the same as koodo but the monthly cost towards the phone is cheaper. Which is why I'm leaning towards buying 2 phones directly from samsung.

If my husband was more agreeable to this change, we would currently have 2 new s24's coming from Samsung because I can get them for $515 plus tax each. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @MeandYou 

We have checked and there is an offer loaded on your account at the moment, where you can get a specific device on tab basic and keep the same cost for the plan. You should be able to see the offer when you log in self serve.

There is also a different one, available in select stores where you get a promo plan if you upgrade on a CPO device.

We can send you a PM with more details, please let us know.

I will log in and check it out, thank you 😊 

Userlevel 2

Appreciate the time spent answering my messages. I'm going to stick with the Samsung phones.

I'll get my husband on board! I'll take his sim card out and tell him his phone is messed up lol kidding, I wouldn't do that!