Koodo Community
Question

Koodo modem not fibre op compatible

Just received Koodo modem. Just to find out it is not fibre op compatible. Now what ???

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pal 001 

You’d need to connect the modem to the coax cable, please check this article for more details https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-to-find-the-coax-line-for-koodo-internet-in-your-home

If you do not manage to find it, please schedule a call back through the virtual assist, so a rep can further assist.

I am wired for fiber op soooooo. No coax cable here. Scheduled a callback but apparently that doesn’t work either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What error did you get when you scheduled a callback?

No error. Just didn’t get a callback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you get a text that they were gonna callback?  How long ago was the callback scheduled for?

No txt. Just confirmation from Koodo assistant.  2.5 hours ago 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would book another callback again.  Let us know if that fails again

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to make sure, have you tried looking for a coax cable around the house using some of the suggestions Flo provided in the link above? Although you are wired for fiber op, many houses have both lines coming into the house.

If the address tool didn’t schedule a tech visit, chances are you have the coax line, or at least did at some point. (It’s possible it was removed, or there was an error with the tool too).

I built and wired this house sooooooo. I am positive no coax.