Koodo Community
Question

issues porting out of Koodo

• 26 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I am trying to port my son’s phone number out of Koodo and over to a different carrier. However, no matter how many times the new carrier makes the request, Koodo is not sending the phone an sms email to approve the transfer.

Naturally, the transfer times out at 90 minutes and I have to make the request again. I have tried doing this over the carriers transfer page and with a live rep. I have also tried in store at the new carrier and despite all of these, Koodo will not send me a text to authorize the port.

i still have the Koodo SIM card in the phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was there any overdue amount on the account? As well, is the number still active? And you were in an area that can have Koodo cellular signal?

Hello,

the account is up to date.

the number is still active. I just got a text message from Koodo about the streaming bundle…

I also got a text message to rate their customer service…

but no port approval text from them

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

the account is up to date.

the number is still active. I just got a text message from Koodo about the streaming bundle…

I also got a text message to rate their customer service…

but no port approval text from them

That was weird, did you recall if there was a port protection on the account? As well, was the name and account was entered correctly from the other end?, I assumed you were Porting to another Canadian carrier? 

Did you contact a rep already about it? (Because you mentioned about a text to rate their customers service) Generally, porting issue is resolved by contacting Koodo directly. A rep should be able to remove any restriction 

I did speak to a rep yesterday. He said that the other carrier, Fido, would have to delete and resubmit the port transfer request.

i tried that and it still hasn’t worked. Fido says the port transfer is in progress. When I call Koodo’s service number it says that a transfer is currently in progress and then proceeds to send me a text message to the chat bot assist. 

But still no approval request message

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm curious. You could try calling Koodo’s porting department at 1-844-232-7678 you normally can only get through if you have a port transfer in progress. If you can't get through, I'd try another callback by asking to be transferred to the porting department.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo’s porting department can also verify the port over the phone, skipping the need for the 2FA text. None of the carriers like doing it that way, but they are able to.