Koodo Community
Question

International Calling

• 14 February 2024
  • 10 replies

I’ve purchased an add-on for international long distance, but when I try to make a call it says international calls are not enabled and I don’t see anything in my self-service add ons to enable it. I’ve scheduled a call back for later but I need to make an international call urgently. Is there any other way to get it enabled?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Login to self serve and check your add-ons.  Do you see the $0 “Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance” add-on?  If not, can you add this.

I have this add-on on my profile

I also have the “intl long distance saver - $7” also on my profile

still cannot make any intl calls very frustrating

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try your sim in another device to see if it works

I don’t have another device so cannot test it. Very strange that it is not automatically activated, noting that Koodoo is charging me for this add service ☹️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have a callback yet for this issue?

Can you check your phone’s settings to see if your phone app has long distance blocked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bghosh29 

Will you please restart your device and try to make an international call? 

Have done that a couple of times. Did not work. It is not a phone issue, seems to be a network thing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you restarted your phone again like Flo mentioned (they may have did an update on the back end) and it still does not work, the next likely issue would be the phone.

How do you know for certain it is not a phone issue?

Are you able to temporarily able to test your sim in a phone of a friend, family member or coworker?