Koodo Community
Question

Incorrect Tax on Stream+ Billing

Just recently signed up for Stream+ and noticed that my bill includes HST at 13% despite me being located (and having all of my accounts with Koodo) in a province that has only GST.  Trying to get this issue resolved and the over billing refunded/credited. 

Seems odd to post this here, but not sure how else to proceed - don’t see any way to address Stream+ specific help, but calling in the Koodo agents weren’t able to see my Stream+ receipts or information. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just recently signed up for Stream+ and noticed that my bill includes HST at 13% despite me being located (and having all of my accounts with Koodo) in a province that has only GST.  Trying to get this issue resolved and the over billing refunded/credited. 

Seems odd to post this here, but not sure how else to proceed - don’t see any way to address Stream+ specific help, but calling in the Koodo agents weren’t able to see my Stream+ receipts or information. 

Did you use an address in another province? 

Nope - info is all consistent, Alberta based and matches my Koodo account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nope - info is all consistent, Alberta based and matches my Koodo account. 

I assumed you were using a number with Albertan area code?

Let me flag a rep to have a look into that anyway

Correct - Koodo account this is related to is Alberta based. Address, along with CC, is also Alberta based. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @StreamPlusIssues

Thank you for the details!

We have forwarded the details to our support for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Any updates on this? Have not had any outreach from Koodo, nor has my account been corrected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @StreamPlusIssues 

Unfortunately, we do not have an update at the moment however, we will let you know once we hear back from the team.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Following up again on this point - still no resolution or contact from Koodo in any form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @StreamPlusIssues 

We are sorry for the delay with this. Unfortunately there are no updates yet.

We looked into the situation and the team is working on a resolve. We will update you as soon as we have any updates. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is also happening on my account that is also in Alberta

Interesting that it seems to be regional. I wonder if it’s everyone in Alberta that is impacted. 

Checking in here to see if any progress or resolution from Koodo. Still no outreach to me on the issue. 

Updating this thread -  just received my next months charge and still being charged incorrect/excess taxes. No contact or attempted resolution by Koodo.