Koodo Community

How can i enable 3G only on iPhone?

• 6 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I am using an iPhone on the latest software, and I can’t figure out how to turn on 3G only, I only see 5G and LTE options

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There wasn't any option to turn on 3G only with Koodo carrier settings of the iPhone in newer iOS.
What was the reason for keeping 3G only though? Carriers are phasing out 3G network.

Yeah, I guess so

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, I guess so

If you are trying to save battery life, you can keep it in LTE mode instead. 

That does work, but what about in an area where Koodo doesn’t have 5G, nor any good LTE and 3G is the only network available. People should have an easier way on Koodo Mobile to manually switch from LTE to 3G all the time. Samsung has the network mode settings, and iPhones don’t have any for 3G

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That does work, but what about in an area where Koodo doesn’t have 5G, nor any good LTE and 3G is the only network available. People should have an easier way on Koodo Mobile to manually switch from LTE to 3G all the time. Samsung has the network mode settings, and iPhones don’t have any for 3G

There is no such option anymore. If the LTE network is not working, your iPhone will automatically connect to the 3G network.