Skip to main content
Question

Home Internet Provider

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have Bell 5G internet via a receiver mounted to our roof. It is the only line running into our house.  Koodo says home internet is available at my address.  We can't get cable TV, or Fiber, at my address, so curious how this would work? Or are they wrong about service being available. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so the way that it would be available would be through something known as a “Coaxial port” in your house. They’re what you would plug a home phone into etc so your house likely has one somewhere. This is then wired to the cables outside. If the house is not wired for the service, a technician would be sent and would get everything ready for you if it’s not good already.

Bell fibre uses fibre optic cables where as Koodo Internet uses copper (much more common than fibre). I’ll leave a picture below on what the coaxial port looks like, but if they say the address qualifies then it is correct. If you have more questions feel free to ask 🙂👍

Thanks, I understand it will be a coaxial connection at the wall, however we only have one coaxial port in our house and it is connected directly to the Bell 5G receiver on our roof. In our case, the connection and faceplate is simply cosmetic for the wire running through an exterior wall. We don’t have land line service at hour house currently, the only external cable running into our house apart from electrical is the Bell 5G wire. If I understand you correctly, you’re implying they would need to run a landline phone connection into our home from the road in order to provide internet service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Correct, they would have to run a cable to either the existing coaxial port that your bell equipment is attached to or wire up a land line or something similar. Though this would be the decision between you and the technician when they show up 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, something like that.