Koodo Community

home internet needs to be reset every morning

• 11 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Every morning I wake up at 6:30 to find my Koodo home internet is out. I have cameras that record instances, so I can’t tell when my service drops during the night. 

is this supposed to be a tactic of koodos? That people won’t notice? It’s way too consistent to be incidental. 

it renders my cameras useless and I shouldn’t have to reset my internet every single morning. Beyond frustrated with Koodo home internet as a 15+ year mobile customer. 

this along with the fact that I’m one of the “very few” (doubt) that can’t see anything under home internet subscriptions on self serve, and the lack of staff that can answer any simple question, gives me very sketchy vibes. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I also experience this, every morning I need restart the modem. This so funny.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you said it was out, what was the signal status on the modem and the router? As well, was there any extra network or equipment?

Userlevel 1

When you said it was out, what was the signal status on the modem and the router? As well, was there any extra network or equipment?

Green light on router, all lights good on modem. Same as everyone else seems to be saying on here. 

no devices can connect, shows wifi icon on my phone until it can’t connect then switches to that sweet Koodo 3G. Resetting modem fixes it until the next morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No I don’t believe that it’s a tactic of Koodo’s to have crappy internet to cause people to leave. It’s a new service for Koodo and training was possibly lacklustre if so few can answer your querstions. Can’t say I know what’s going on. You may well need to open a tech support ticket via callback to get assistance on the matter so that tech support being more familiar can assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Green light on router, all lights good on modem. Same as everyone else seems to be saying on here. 

no devices can connect, shows wifi icon on my phone until it can’t connect then switches to that sweet Koodo 3G. Resetting modem fixes it until the next morning. 

There was a chance there was issue with exiting firmware, especially when you first received it. The modem might not up to date. Can you update the firmware? Generally at the back or bottom of the modem, there was instructions of how to connect to the modem management software.

as well, make sure all cable was connected to the right port and there was no accidental loop among cables (2 head of the same cable plug in the modem).