Koodo Community
Solved

Dead Calls

I keep receiving phone calls from 1-888-448-8030 which comes up as Koodo but as soon as I answer, they hang up. And its always late at night like after 9pm. Is this a scam?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 14 March 2024, 01:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I've gotten these calls at various times throughout the day. I NEVER answer them. If I need something,  I will either schedule a call back, or go on line and do it myself.  I ASSUME THIS IS A SCAM. ALWAYS HIT DECLINE 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is on the list of numbers that Koodo may call from: 

Canadian telemarketing rules state that you can only call between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. on weekdays and between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekends.

If the calls are outside those hours then they would be breaking the law so either not Koodo or a rep that needs some further training and hopefully they stop soon.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/reg.htm

If you’d like I can flag a rep to let you know what they were calling for or put you on the do not call list.

That would be great! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A rep has been flagged. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @MelissaMel 

As @Allan M , telemarketers can reach out between the mentioned hours. It is possible that the call was a promotional call. 

If you wish to discuss anything in regards to the account, like a rate plan change or device purchase, feel free to schedule a call-back through our Koodo Assist.  

If you wish, I can assist you with changing the marketing preference for our team to reach out to you via SMS/Email and not through a phone call. 

Let me know if that works for you and if you want to make the change for all the numbers on the account. 

Well my issue is not necessarily how they are contacting me, but that I've received multiple calls but as soon as I pick up, they hang up! No idea who or why they are calling. Maybe you could look into that??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The number you mentioned above, does not match the numbers mentioned in the post offered by @Allan M however it is similar to 1-866-448-8030 which does appear in your call history. 

We can definitely look into that, thank you letting us know.

Sorry, I listed the number wrong 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there! 

Thanks for the screenshots!

The phone number seems to belong to Koodo Sales team, however, our sales reps would leave notes on  your account regarding those calls attempts and there is no info about those attempts.

It may the case that the number is spoofed, more info about spoofed calls can be found here https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm.

If you are interested in specific offers or any offers that may be loaded on your account, please feel free to check them on your account or schedule a call back with our virtual assist.

If you wish to be informed about Koodo offers and campaigns through email /SMS only, please let us know and we can submit a request for the preferences to be changed.

Thank you!