Skip to main content
Question

charged for Easy Roam without leaving Canada.

I was charged for Easy Roam without leaving Canada.  Can you remove the charges?

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

just a quick check, did the charge show up on your most recent bill? or was it just the text notification saying you’re using easy roam 🙂

Hello, it showed up on my bill and I also received the email saying I’m using easy roam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok np, this happens quite often. If a mobile master sees this post, they will flag a rep for you. That or if a rep sees it, they will respond as I have. A tip though to stop this from happening again is to turn off roaming and manually select Koodo in your network settings. More can be found here 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Senting 

We can definitely look over the details. Can you let us know what are the dates that you are disputing ?

Thank you very much. It happened on me last month too, and I manually selected Koodo in my network settings, I don’t know why it charged again. Thanks for your advise.

Hi there @Senting 

We can definitely look over the details. Can you let us know what are the dates that you are disputing ?

Hello, I was charged on June 14,June 13, June 4, June 3, May 31, May 30, May 29,  May 24, May 22, May 21,  May 20, May 19, May 18, May 17, $196.00 in total.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the details @Senting 

Accidental Roaming occurs when the device that is close to the border briefly connects to a US network and bounces back to a Canadian tower in a short time, usually 5-10 minutes at most, depending on the strength of the signal. 

We do not see the same behavior on the days you were charged. We verified the days and found that the connection to a US network was constant for a long period each day, 7-8 hours at least.  

From what can be seen, the charges are valid. 

If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

Thank you for the details @Senting 

Accidental Roaming occurs when the device that is close to the border briefly connects to a US network and bounces back to a Canadian tower in a short time, usually 5-10 minutes at most, depending on the strength of the signal. 

We do not see the same behavior on the days you were charged. We verified the days and found that the connection to a US network was constant for a long period each day, 7-8 hours at least.  

From what can be seen, the charges are valid. 

If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

It is impossible, I never use the neverwork from USA, I always use wifi. it also happened last month and you remove the payment. My bill shows it just 1 minute, bot 7-8 hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Easy Roam is shown on the invoice as ER/VC 1 minute $14 charge as it covers usage for airtime/data and texts. In this case,  the usage was airtime for certain days and  mobile data usage. 

Mobile data usage was present for the time-frame period mentioned above + the airtime that shows on the invoice as well. 

Like mentioned above, If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

As this is a public space, for your privacy and security, please avoid sharing any personal information in the pictures. We have masked the phone numbers in the picture above.

The Easy Roam is shown on the invoice as ER/VC 1 minute $14 charge as it covers usage for airtime/data and texts. In this case,  the usage was airtime for certain days and  mobile data usage. 

Mobile data usage was present for the time-frame period mentioned above + the airtime that shows on the invoice as well. 

Like mentioned above, If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

As this is a public space, for your privacy and security, please avoid sharing any personal information in the pictures. We have masked the phone numbers in the picture above.

Last month I was also be charged like this month and I manually selected the koodo as network, I don’t know why this month still be charged. I have two lines I bith selected the koodo network, one is charged and the other no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you traveling along the US border?  Do you even enter the US?

Note that when you manually select Koodo as your network, a phone reset (on certain devices) may switch it back to Automatic.

Are you traveling along the US border?  Do you even enter the US?

Note that when you manually select Koodo as your network, a phone reset (on certain devices) may switch it back to Automatic.

I live in a city near border and I never enter US, my phone didn’t be resettled I don’t know why I was be charged roaming.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you traveling to various towns or cities near the border or are you staying in 1 specific city near the border?

Thank you very much. It happened on me last month too, and I manually selected Koodo in my network settings, I don’t know why it charged again. Thanks for your advise.

If you did change this, and you didnt restart your phone, then maybe when you first manually selected Koodo it didnt save.  It is difficult to determine why it didnt work.  But I can promise you manually selecting Koodo should prevent the phone from automatically connecting to a US tower.  I have done this on my phone 

Are you traveling to various towns or cities near the border or are you staying in 1 specific city near the border?

I live in a town near border and I go to work in another town (30 minutes driving) everyday, sometimes when I drive from work to home and when it is close to my home, I get a message says welcome to USA but I am in Canada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You might be connecting to various US towers in this case.

Please follow Darius instructions  below to further investigate

If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

You might be connecting to various US towers in this case.

Please follow Darius instructions  below to further investigate

If you want to further investigate this, feel free to schedule a call-back with our Koodo Assist or send us a private message on Social Media (Facebook or X (Twitter).

Ok thank you