Koodo Community
Question

Cell service gaps

• 14 February 2024
  • 2 replies

We recently moved into a new subdivision and are having some serious cell service issues. You leave the subdivision and service is fine but once you enter your signal drops. We have 2 places in our home we use when calling otherwise we lose connection. This used to be a farmers field so I’m assuming service for our area was never planned for. I’d really like to get this resolved and not have to switch to Rogers

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wmac919 

Just to confirm, is the coverage available at your location when you check the Koodo coverage map

If your phone is compatible with wifi calling, you should be able to enable it on your phone. With wifi calling, you will be able to make/receive calls when you are connected to wifi and the network coverage is poor.

Yep I did check the coverage map and it shows that we should be fine and have full coverage (5G and others), but that’s just not the case. Just wondering if this is something you guys look into from time to time as new developments are created.
I did try the wifi calling thinking that would help but found that it would bounce back and forth from cellular to wifi and disrupt the call.