Koodo Community

Can i please get one of the numbers on the account to primarily use Extended Network Coverage?

I want to have one of my phone numbers put onto their extended network coverage. can I make that possible?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All you have to do it enable roaming, but it only works in specific areas.  You wont be able to connect to the extended network just anywhere.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/extendednetwork

Can i please get it to work as a primary network for the number ending in 5790 then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. On the page Dennis shared above it says:
“Heads up! Our Extended Network Coverage is meant for those occasional times when you're in a tight spot. To keep things smooth, keep most of your monthly action (data, texts, and calls) on the Koodo network. If you find yourself mainly on the Extended Network, we might have to tweak your access to it moving forward.”

I find myself mainly on the extended network coverage can you please adjust that for  the number ending in 5790 for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I find myself mainly on the extended network coverage can you please adjust that for  the number ending in 5790 for me?

As stated above, that is not possible.

If you are mainly on it, they will remove your access to it. Not increase it.
It’s only meant for occasional use.

I want to have all of my phone numbers put onto their extended network coverage. can I make that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As mentioned here, you cannot:

Can you at least adjust it to be able to use the extended network, though?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you at least adjust it to be able to use the extended network, though?

Dennis provided a link in there that mentions how to enable it.

EXT coverage is currently only available for Highway 14 BC (Sooke to Port Renfrew) though.

Will they at least allow it for one line though?

That line is using EXT and the other line is mainly using Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will they at least increase it for one line though?

They will not.

If you are primarily going to use EXT coverage, you would probably be better off to switch to the carrier that is closest to you who’s EXT coverage you’re wanting to use.

Will they allow it if that line doesn’t use it much in one month though?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will they allow it if that line doesn’t use it much in one month though?

They will not.

EXT coverage is considered a form of roaming which they have to pay extra for so they want you using it as little as possible.

Well, I rarely even use that phone anyway, so they may or may not allow it, as the owner of the device is on WiFi to use Messenger a lot. And rarely makes phone calls or sends text messages.

Would they possibly allow it if the actions are done on Wi-Fi most of the time, but not always using EXT though?

But I don’t think they will because it’s only for when you’re stuck in a salt shaker and Koodo doesn’t provide service there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

EXT areas are preset and they are not changeable.

It is enabled on all devices as long as roaming is on.

If you are mainly on the EXT network, koodo will automatically tweak your access. There is nothing you can do about it if or when it happens. 

Then why are people available to connect to their extended network when there at home or work at times?

Also, would they allow if I used ext at home to make calls everytime if wifi calling is turned on?

I don’t think they will allow that because they’re trying to save money and if customers were always using their extended network, then that would mean that they would have to pay more for it. Koodo has the benefit of being owned by Telus, which means that they get access to the Telus network not Rogers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, would they allow if I used ext at home to make calls everytime if wifi calling is turned on?

When you turn on wifi calling does it say mobile network preferred or WiFi network preferred. I think this may be changable in your phone settings 

It does say Koodo Wi-Fi even when connected to Extended Network when Wi-Fi is available, and not extended network(Rogers) LTE or 3G on an iPhone, on my TCL Flip device it’s the same thing.

I guess Koodo might allow for the Extended Network Provider (Rogers) to be used on Koodo if most mobile phone actions such as data and calling and texting with Wi-Fi Calling are done on Wi-Fi most of the time, because using Wi-Fi for Wi-Fi calling is not considered a form of roaming, which means they don’t have to pay for it, and they won’t tweak access if mainly using wi-fi calling.