Koodo Community
Question

Ask for roaming fee

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Dear Koodo team,

I was on my flight from Toronto to Edmonton when I passed the U.S. airspace and got a text message saying that I was roaming activated because I didn't turn it on airplane mode so that I turned it on right away because I found out that I didn't do it. Could you please waive it if it's charged for daily rate? I didn't know that it would change to roaming mode because of communication in U.S. airspace for few sec. I didn’t send text and call not at all. If it's charged, please waive it. I am gratefully appreciated for your in advance help. 

Best regards

Chu hyun

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dear Koodo team,

I was on my flight from Toronto to Edmonton when I passed the U.S. airspace and got a text message saying that I was roaming activated because I didn't turn it on airplane mode so that I turned it on right away because I found out that I didn't do it. Could you please waive it if it's charged for daily rate? I didn't know that it would change to roaming mode because of communication in U.S. airspace for few sec. I didn’t send text and call not at all. If it's charged, please waive it. I am gratefully appreciated for your in advance help. 

Best regards

Chu hyun

Let me flag a rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chu 

We have just checked and there is no pending charge.

You may get notifications when the phone connects to a network in roaming, however, if no usage is made no charge will incur.

We recommend checking out this article to find out more about how to prevent unwanted charges when close to the border