Koodo Community

AGAIN - AGAIN - msg.koodomobile.com very unreliable

• 11 April 2024
  • 5 replies

How can the infrastructure be this unreliable?

This is the 3rd or 4th time in 60 days that email - > sms is down and this time it’s been down since Monday morning (currently it’s Thursday afternoon).

PLEASE FIX THIS !

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @kayec 

We’re sorry to see that you are experiencing difficulties with the service.

It is recommended to reset the network settings, reboot the phone and test. Let us know how it went.  (Keep in mind that resetting the network settings will forget wi-fi passwords and paired Bluetooth devices) 

Also, did you try to test the sim card in a different device in order to see if it behaves in the same way ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried @msg.telus.com to see if it’s any more reliable?

Hello @kayec 

We’re sorry to see that you are experiencing difficulties with the service.

It is recommended to reset the network settings, reboot the phone and test. Let us know how it went.  (Keep in mind that resetting the network settings will forget wi-fi passwords and paired Bluetooth devices) 

Also, did you try to test the sim card in a different device in order to see if it behaves in the same way ? 

Thank you for the suggestions Durlus.  I do not believe it’s the phone.  We have several devices that all receive SMS messages without issue.  The issue is the email address @msg.koodomobile.com is down.   I have bounce back notifications about the address being unavailable.

I can switch to @msg.telus.net if that’s what the fix needs to be.

Have you tried @msg.telus.com to see if it’s any more reliable?

I haven’t but I could.  I know both email address usually work.  Not sure if they’re actually the same system in the backend, so when one is down, are both down?  Not sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I haven’t but I could.  I know both email address usually work.  Not sure if they’re actually the same system in the backend, so when one is down, are both down?  Not sure.

I believe this service has already been shut down. It may work from time to time, but it would not be really reliable as you have seen from your previous attempts.