Skip to main content
Solved

Adding lines and/or merging account

• 16 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

Hoping to move my wife’s number to a new line on my account in the future.  Also possibly ditching my land line for a cheap third line on my account (expensive through east link).  I haven’t made it out to a Koodo store to ask if they are able to make these changes there or not.

When it comes time to add a line, how would we go about getting my wife’s number on it?

And Is it possible to transfer a landline number to a cell phone line?

-J

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your wife is currently with Koodo, you’d have to contact customer service and ask for a transfer of ownership. They charge a $50 fee to do this.
If she isn’t with Koodo, then you’d just activate a new line and port the number to that new line.

It’s possible to transfer a landline over, same process as a cellphone (minus a 2FA text), just can take a few days to fully move over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes you can transfer your landline number to a koodo cell. 

You just need to check if the landline number is eligible to be ported over in the link below. 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Is you wife currently with Koodo or another provider? 

Thanks for the responses.  Turns out my landline # is available for transfer.

Yes my wife is with Koodo also.  But its too bad we can’t just port her number over to a new line on my account.  Its not like any other information is relevant with it at this point.

-J

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah combining accounts gets to be a tricky matter with Koodo. You may just have to keep them separate. At least the payments can be automatic to keep that simple