Koodo Community
Question

Wrongfully charged for Easy Roam in Brazil - Requesting Refund

• 28 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, 

As the tittle says, I’m currently in Brazil and I’m being wrongfully charged for Easy Roaming. Since I got here I turned off my Cellular/Data and I’m only using the Wifi. 

Could you please correct my current bill amount?

Thank you,

Luiz.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easy roam is charged for any data use, talk, or texts sent.

Have you been charged for multiple days on just the day you landed?

It seems like I have only been charged for one day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What triggered easy roam on that day?

You can follow the instructions in the article below to find out

I looked and I couldn’t find anything. I turned my Cellular/Data off on the while in airplane mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So in your talk usage for that day, do you see any charge for easy roam for a 1 minute call entry?

Not really, I’ve attached an image here below. And pardon my ignorance (because I don’t remember placing calls apart from WhatsApp using WiFi) but I don’t think I would be able to with my Cellular turned off, right? Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not really, I’ve attached an image here below. And pardon my ignorance (because I don’t remember placing calls apart from WhatsApp using WiFi) but I don’t think I would be able to with my Cellular turned off, right? Thank you for your help.

This is your current month usage. If the easyroam fee usage showed up on the latest bill, you would have to look into your previous month usage.

Besides usage, I recommend you download your PDF bill and check the page 3 or 4 of it to see if they mentioned anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easy roam is charged for any data use, talk, or texts sent.

Have you been charged for multiple days on just the day you landed?

Just follow the article here to prevent any potential future roaming.  If you do finally see the roaming charge, message back here and we can take a closer look at that time