Koodo Community
Solved

Why I was charge long distance call to China? My plan include at least 1000 min to China.

• 28 September 2023
  • 9 replies

I just saw my latest Bill on Sep 25th with 43.2 charge.

I check details and find that it was 24 min call to China, which was made Sep 20 12:10am.

I port my number out on Sep 20 20:23.

My plan contains 2000 minutes to China and that 24 min call to China is within my plan minutes and before I port number out. I should not be billed for this call!

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 28 September 2023, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you ported your number out of Koodo and there was a charge for long distance call on the number on that date?  If possible could you post a snapshot of the pae 3 or 4 where it showed the charge for those long distance calls? Hide all personal information before posting please

Page 3 and Page 4 of Sep 25 bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your self-serve account under the same e-mail registered here on the community? 

Yes, I sign in the community with my self-serve account! They are under the same email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep to look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @jimmy_huang 

I verified the account and the port out date. From what I could see, you were still covered by the add-on even if the minutes were prorated. The usage happened in the same day as the account was cancelled and was a possible communication error from the add-on. 

As a result, the charges were removed from the account and the amount due is at $0 with immediate effect. The changes will update within 5-10 minutes in the Self Serve account. 

I am not quite sure if the problem is solved.

Previously self-service show that I have -6.53 which is credit. Now Self-serve show that I am all paid but the bill pdf I download again still shows 43.2 plus tax.

Will bill pdf be updated? Will I get 6.53 back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not quite sure if the problem is solved.

Previously self-service show that I have -6.53 which is credit. Now Self-serve show that I am all paid but the bill pdf I download again still shows 43.2 plus tax.

Will bill pdf be updated? Will I get 6.53 back?

You should refer to the balance showing on your Self-Serve portal, since the bill was created before the credits were added. It should be carried over to your next bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @jimmy_huang  

The $6.53 is the pro-ration for canceling before the bill cycle due date. That will automatically be reimbursed after the final invoice is issued in the month of October. 

It does take around 4-6 weeks after the last invoice is generated and will be delivered via cheque only, at the address on the account. 

If you need to update/change the address, you can find the steps here. If you need assistance with that, you can also schedule a call-back via our Koodo Virtual Assistant.