Koodo Community
Question

Why I am having additional bills?

• 25 October 2023
  • 15 replies

I got a package of 40gb data for 40$. In the first month, the person from kingsway mall gave me bullshit logics which I accepted somehow. But,what is for the second month??

They are again showing me additional bill of almost 17$. What is the additional cause they have added? Its not clear on the billing section. I did not use any additional data.

I am continuously calling the customer service for this issue,but the call is also irresponsive. 

What is happening,can anyone enlight me?

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of page 3 of yuor detailed bill with personal info blocked out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you go to your pdf downlaoded bill to page 3, titled “Mobile Services” with personal info blocked out, and screencap that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From your detailed PDF ebill it looks like you went over your data.

If you have your shock free data on, you should have gotten a text when your data limit is reached.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/shock-free-data

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jannatul 

We have reviewed the details and could find that mobile data should have been blocked at 100% usage which didn’t happen, due to a glitch seemingly.

We have removed the charge due to this and you should be notified at 50% usage, 90% and at 100% data will be paused and you will get notified.

Here you can find more about Shock free data https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/shock-free-data

Hi, I don't think I have exceeded my limits. Because,I keep on checking data 10-15times a day. So that it wont happen.I took this package to save my money. Why would I use addition data?

This is just unfair,I guess. Beacuse for the first month as well,I got additional bills.

This is just unexpectable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also post page 3 of your first bill on here for us to review (of course blacking out any personal info)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a typical first bill and completely normal.

Your bill includes pro-rated or partial charges from your activation date to your billing date, plus the next full month in advance.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

Ok.Thanks for clearing these out.

Hi @Dennis 

So now for this month,how much do I have to day?

Because,in the Pdf it is still showing 56$. But in the system, it is showing 43$.

Can you please clear this out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once a PDF ebill is generated, it does not get regenerated.  If the system is showing $43, you can pay the $43

Thank you so much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I don't think I have exceeded my limits. Because,I keep on checking data 10-15times a day. So that it wont happen.I took this package to save my money. Why would I use addition data?

This is just unfair,I guess. Beacuse for the first month as well,I got additional bills.

This is just unexpectable.

From the earlier screen shot you posted of a part of your daily data usage for the month, it looks like you got close to 1gb on both Oct 7th and (less close on) Oct 2nd.  Overall it doesn’t look like you would have exceeded 40gb based on the days you show, but hard to tell without seeing the remaining days in the usage period.

Your phone should be able to show you more details of which apps/services are consuming your data.  The procedure will vary based on which phone you’re using.