Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a plan with Koodo for $35 monthly. I’ve just received the October bill and noticed that my monthly plan cost increased to $40 under the same plan.

I did not make any change and wasn’t made aware of this price increase at all. I’ve gone through the bills/invoices PDF files for past 6 months and did not find any notification at all for a price increase. 

It is extremely unprofessional to change a plan, esp when signed on for a cost. If it’s gone up, I def am going to start looking around because this is ridiculous.

Did you check the last page of your previous bill? It should be written in small print at the bottom of the page.

I found this in the last month’s bill:

Update to your monthly rate plan
Starting on your next bill, your monthly rate plan fee will increase by $5. If you recently changed or upgraded your plan, please disregard this message.

My bill in Oct was higher than the previous month as well. After reading the comments, I checked and saw the fine print at the end of my previous bill about raising the fee. But shouldn’t Koodo send us a separate email about the fee increase instead of hiding it in the tiny print at the end of a bill?

I can help you as I just went thru this BS with koodo. Their customer numbers are useless,

they want you to do everything on self serve and dont give you an option for a callback. I found this number 1-844-369=7384.

This is actually a Telus number but they can transfer you to a live person at koodo via a dedicated line. I had to wait 5 - 10 minutes. He told me the price has gone up due to inflation and that the old plan is no longer available. Same old story.

He then walked me thru on my account. You can do this on your own without calling. If you call though, he did credit back the $5 for this months increase. In your account, click on self serve> mobile services> change plan. If you have autopay, you can choose the $40 plan with a $5 discount and 65 GB. They then send a confirmation to your email.

Hope this helps you and some other people.

It’s so frustrating to go thru this BS.