Koodo Community
Solved

Unauthorized pre-authorized payments (How to remove pre-authorized payments)

• 13 February 2022
  • 8 replies

I did a one time payment on my credit card and now Koodo thinks I authorized monthly credit card payment. But I did not!  I looked everywhere on my account and profile and nothing indicates that any pre-authorization has been granted. I want my card removed from the system so I can pay my bills through my bank like I used to. 

How do I get my card removed from the system???

Nadia 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 13 February 2022, 15:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have it setup you'll see this as soon as you login. Just click "manage payments" then click remove.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you’re saying that you never added your credit cxard as a payment method, and when you click on manage payments, it doesn’t show your credit card details? You should be able to hit manage and add your bank too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@NadiaV You made a one time payment on Jan 9th.  It doesn’t automatically turn your payment method into pre-authorized.  You would have to enable it yourself. Like Allan above showed it would display on your account if it’s enabled. But it is not. I hope this helps. 

Dear Bernard,

That is exactly my problem. There is nothing set up to manage or remove!!!!!   Pre-authorized payment is NOT set up and doesn't show at all. However, you charge my credit card every month. 

As a Koodo rep, can you see anything in the background?  I want this removed

thanks

Nadia 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@NadiaV As I mentioned the only credit car payment you made with us was the Jan 9th one. Any payments before and after you made through your bank, not through Koodo.  Your account is NOT set up for pre-auth payments. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dear Bernard,

That is exactly my problem. There is nothing set up to manage or remove!!!!!   Pre-authorized payment is NOT set up and doesn't show at all. However, you charge my credit card every month. 

As a Koodo rep, can you see anything in the background?  I want this removed

thanks

Nadia 

How many months have you seen koodo charge your card automatically? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s also possible to setup automatic payments with your bank online. That could be where you had set it up for automatic payments if you see it happening monthly.

Thanks Goran, that is what happened but I don't remember setting that up. 

Thanks

Nadia