Koodo Community
Question

Sudden price increase of black friday plan ??

• 10 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I started with 34$ plan on koodo during black friday sale, today I see the plan increased to 39$ . I didn’t sign up for the increased rate with no prior information.

8 replies

I got the same issue!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would recommend you download the last bill and the latest recent bill to see if anything change or missing. Check the page 3 or 4 of it.

As well, check all the pages of your PDF bill. There might be a notice of price increase there in your last bill.

Yes it states on there.  Who actually reads the bill?  More importantly, increasing this after a promotion just 5 months is just plain dirty.   Will take my business elsewhere once I get a chance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it states on there.  Who actually reads the bill?  More importantly, increasing this after a promotion just 5 months is just plain dirty.   Will take my business elsewhere once I get a chance.

There should be conditions of your credit when you signed up with Koodo. And that should also be communicated with you. The notification was technically a reminder. Anyway, by regulation they only have to tell their customer 30 days in advance of the price increase.

I would recommend you download the last bill and the latest recent bill to see if anything change or missing. Check the page 3 or 4 of it.

As well, check all the pages of your PDF bill. There might be a notice of price increase there in your last bill.

I don’t see the notice anywhere on the bill that the price will increase. Its just breakdown of the cost. 

Don’t you think it would be better to send an email or text message like its done to tell us that we have to pay the bill to atleast caution for the upcoming change? 

@Aries10 Why bother looking for anything….just switch to the $34 50gb plan that is apparently on our accounts to select when you change plans. Problem solved.  Log in and see yourself. 

@Aries10  There is no excuse to hide rate increases in small print on the last page of bills. It’s not like they don't have everyone's phone numbers to send a text notification.  They manage to send a text and wake me up once a month between midnight and 4:00 am to tell me how much rollover data has rolled over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s usually on the last page, but not always. It’s not designed to stnad out. You’ve gotta review the whole bill prior to the price increase.

Yeah I’m really not happy with how quickly they raised the prices. I don’t think even Bell did it in less than 1 year.