Koodo Community
Question

Stream+ added without consent

• 22 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I got multiple emails and a text message stating Stream+ was added to my account about 30 min ago.
I never authorized such changes, nor do I want the services.

There appears to be multiple other reports about the same issue over the past few months.

• My account uses a unique password
  • My account has a security question that would be extremely difficult to guess the answer to
  • No one else has access to my Koodo or any other accounts

_____
After several failed attempts to remove Stream+ from my account, i did finally get it to work after almost 30 minutes. (page kept complaining about unknown services)

I’ve also changed my password, pin and security question, although apparently they don’t seem to be doing much anyways.

1. How exactly was this change was made to my account?
  2. Were any other changes made to the account that I’m unaware of?
  3. Will these unauthorized charges be completely removed from my next bill?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @newtrial2 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

It sounds like your self serve credentials have been compromised and Stream+ has been added to your account.

We highly recommend to pick a different, unique, strong password. We have also forwarded the case to our Fraud department so they can further investigate

There was also a change made to the PIN account. If you are not aware of this change, we recommend scheduling a call back with the virtual assist to change it https://koo.do/Chat.

The fees associated with the Stream+ will be refunded on the next bill.

If you have further questions, please let us know. Thanks! 

We highly recommend to pick a different, unique, strong password.

Thank you, as noted the password was already unique, I typically use a password manager for my accounts.

We have also forwarded the case to our Fraud department so they can further investigate

Should I expect them to contact me?
I would like to know more about what went wrong here because I typically don’t use lax security measures for any accounts.

There was also a change made to the PIN account.

Yes I made this change right before making this post, I changed my pass and security question as well.

scheduling a call back with the virtual assist to change it https://koo.do/Chat.

Already did this last night as well, I’m expecting a call in a few hours to clarify what happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We totally understand your concern!

The Fraud team should contact you if more details are needed.

Thanks for confiming! No other changes were made on the account.