Koodo Community
Solved

Scammy customer service charging me for txts even though I have unlimited txts

• 30 September 2023
  • 4 replies

My July bill clearly states that I have unlimited intl. SMS, and yet I’ve been charged $4.20  (yes, seriously it’s like some stoner’s playing a joke on me) for roaming sms. I talked to an agent and was promised a credit on my next bill but no credit showed up.  How do I get this fixed? How do I speak with an agent? 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 30 September 2023, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you sending sms when you were traveling overseas? 

All features of your plan are applied only when you are residing in Canada. If you travel outside of Canada, roaming fee will be applied.

I’m sorry that’s not what the words “unlimited” and “international” mean. What you’re describing is “limited” to customers messages sent from Canada to overseas or vice versa. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The international texting only includes sending text messages to anywhere in the world while you're in Canada, and anyone in the world can text you while you're in Canada. There is NO plan on Koodo that includes free texting while you are overseas, unless you pay for roaming, which is what you got charged for. I've worked in wireless retail for 15 years, I know what I'm talking about. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Perk details state: