Skip to main content

I was charged for roaming on Aug 26 when I was in Canada on Pelee Island.  While I was trying to figure out how to contact Koodoo to report this, someone from Koodoo called me.  This was someone from “customer service” which is clearly a sales call rather than customer service.  She asked if I was interested in hearing about promotions.  Said I was not as I was on the website and could see the promotions.  She quoted me a rate of $34 per month to add my husband to my account with 50G data and unlimited calling.  I asked if I could get this rate but was told it was for new accounts only.  I then asked if I could be transferred to the billing department to get my billing issue resolved.  She asked that I stay on the line.  It rang for a bit then I was disconnected.  I returned to the website and I guess this is how one needs to report a billing issue???  I don’t have any issue with cell service but I am sick of the frequent sales calls from Koodo and that you can only get a good rate if you’re a new customer.  It’s also frustrating that the website doesn’t offer an easy way to report an issue and that one has to sign into this forum to try to resolve an issue.  I will be considering switching cell providers as I have been offered better rates from other carriers.

You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist and let the rep know that you no longer want any marketing calls. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Hi @CKA 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charge since it was triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo in the phone settings, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out this article https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

If you do not wish to request marketing calls from Koodo , please let us know and we can submit a request, please let us know.