Skip to main content

I was charged for roaming during my last bill cycle as I went canoeing on the St. Croix River bordering the state of Maine. I turned off my phone but turned it back on to check some information, I was charged instantly. Please remove my roaming charges. 

I’ll flag a rep to confirm and assist.

For future reference, the following article explains how to adjsut your phone settings that should prevent it from happening again:

Hi @Olivierkood 

In order to access the details on our end, we’d need you to log into your community account via self serve, as in the screenshot below and let us know once done.

Done.

Thank you!

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charge since it was triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo in the phone settings, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check the article shared by @Goran above.