Skip to main content
Solved

Refund for Stream Plus subscription was refused

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I cancelled immediately after I clicked the stream plus subscription because I misunderstood some information and wanted to cancel it. I didn't expect that I would be charged, as the cancellation was made immediately. But since the payment was in pending on my account, I wanted to make sure that the payment would be cancelled or refunded if I don't activate it. 

I talked with two representatives separately and both told me that I won't be charged if I don't activate it. But the payment has been made and another representative today told me that Koodo will not refund it because I confirmed the subscription and used the service. 

I haven’t activated any of the streaming services and haven’t used any of the services through the subscription, but Koodo is not able to refund it? Has anyone encountered the same issue? Now I feel I don't want to subscribe any more new services Koodo offers in the future. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you in Quebec?

Upon cancellation, your subscription will stay active until the end of your billing period. If you are a Quebec subscriber, you’re able to cancel immediately and will receive a prorated credit.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/shop/subscriptions/terms/streamplus

Hi Dennis, I'm not in Quebec. So,  does it mean that I have no chance to receive a refund?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Based on the terms and condition, that is correct. 

Quebec has more consumer protection laws.

So when you clicked to finalize the purchase and subscribed, you subscribed. 

Okay understood. Thank you Dennis!